Advanced design and lighting will contribute to ease of driving and safety.
- Direct projection for compactness and high luminous efficiency - Unique optical system for LED light source convergence and projection.
- Compact 20mm high design incorporates no mirror.
- 180% luminous efficacy equivalent to that of larger 40mm–60mm projectors.
- Compactness and high luminous efficacy achieve design flexibility, resulting in diverse thin-, multipleand single-light options for motorcycles and automobiles.
The optical system incorporates only two key components—a converging lens and a projection lens. The converging lens, which suppresses diffusion and forms a beam shape with no reflection loss, sends LED light to the projection lens, where the light strikes a reflective non-vacuum metalizing surface. The light is projected forward in parallel, resulting in high luminous efficiency.
Effective beam control for enhanced ease of driving and safety
- Sensor detects pedestrians and illuminates them with a spot beam to compensate for low-beam lights.
- Color temperature* can be adjusted for the driver’s nighttime color visibility.
- Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB) by precise beam-control functions.
Obstacles that are not illuminated by low-beam headlights pose a challenge, so Mitsubishi Electric developed a function that projects a spot beam on obstacles detected by a sensor, enabling early identification of pedestrians, etc. for safer nighttime driving.
Furthermore, a human-system interface allows the light’s color temperature to be adjusted according to the driver’s needs, thereby improving night visibility for each driver. In addition, the LED lighting control includes an ADB for passive high-beam driving to secure superior visibility.
Patents for the technology announced in this press release number 5 in Japan and 15 abroad.
About Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
With nearly 100 years of experience in providing reliable, high-quality products, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) is a recognized world leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and electronic equipment used in information processing and communications, space development and satellite communications, consumer electronics, industrial technology, energy, transportation and building equipment. Embracing the spirit of its corporate statement, Changes for the Better, and its environmental statement, Eco Changes, Mitsubishi Electric endeavors to be a global, leading green company, enriching society with technology. The company recorded consolidated group sales of 4,431.1 billion yen (US$ 41.8 billion*) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. For more information visit: www.MitsubishiElectric.com
*At an exchange rate of 106 yen to the US dollar, the rate given by the Tokyo Foreign Exchange Market on March 31, 2018